December 21, 2010

A little artwork housekeeping

A study from a combo of live model and photograph
Can't have a site talking about a paintbrush and not have any art! Well...I guess I could, the whole idea of a purple paintbrush was just a metaphor anyway so I really don't HAVE to talk about art. But I will. And I am. So I'll show a bit of mine. Now that I have a bit of free time, I'm going to use some of it to finally finish a couple of paintings that I started over the summer. I want to finish them before I move on to anything else. My queue is so backed up, haha. And I want to move on to some newer stuff fast so...aye yi yi, here goes. The struggle to fight how easily distracted I get.

Alright, I got this idea from talking with a friend of mine. So I'm going to show this painting while I'm in the process of working on it, that way I have a little extra mental accountability to get myself through it. At this point I'm nervous about going back into it, but I'm really tired of looking at it being unfinished. Who likes the feeling of unfinished business? Besides, I think this piece will be something that I can really use once it's done. I think I was able to get a good start on it, the stage it's in now is after about 9 hours of work total...so that would make it about 1 regular workday of painting. I still have a ways to go though. Well, hopefully I'll be able to give an update before the end of the week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment